11/8/10

amanda's granola

on the girls trip, we talked about what a great gift this would be for neighbors for christmas, or whatever.  i haven't tried making this yet, and when i do, i'll definitely post a pic!  


amanda's granola
12 C Quick Oats
2 C brown sugar
2 C coconut (I like the raw, shaved kind at Whole Foods)
1 tsp salt
2 C nuts (Use whatever you like.  I use pepitas, sliced or slivered almonds, pecans,
walnuts or cashews).
11/2 C canola oil
2/3 C water
3 tsp. vanilla

Stir sugar and oats until mixed.  In separate bowl, mix coconut, salt and nuts and mix in oil, water and vanilla.  Add to oats and mix well.  Spread over two large cookie sheets.  Bake for 2 to 21/2 hours at 250 degrees.

*I find that my granola only takes about 11/2 hours to cook.  Watch the granola because you don't want it to burn.

*I press it into the pans really well because I like it to form together and break into big chunks.  I love this granola to snack on, eat with yogurt and as cereal with milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment