5/19/11

Green Smoothie Girl!

I am LOVING my new mother's day gift--a Blendtec blender (comparable to Vitamix)!
Everyday I feed myself a "green smoothie" from the www.greensmoothiegirl.com book/website. It fills me up (she recommends drinking a quart a day!) and it's suppose to curb the sweet cravings (haven't seen that happen yet :( though).

And I am trying to convert the kids too. Everyday Christian asks me for a "lettuce shake". I don't feel as bad about all the junk food he eats if he has one of these first.

So, here are the players...



You are suppose to basically add maybe 2 greens...(I have tried broccoli, cucumber, chard, collard greens, and my favorite---spinach) with a little water.
Then I add as much fruit as I want--whatever is on hand. I especially love having the frozen berries from Costco to add the chill and to change the color from green to pink-ish.
It is also recommended to add either some agave or other natural sweetener.
The BEST part is that with this type of blender you don't have to shake it or put a spoon down there, like my last blender...it blends sooo nicely. In fact, you can had whole apples, strawberries with the green tops still on (supposedly the greens have great vitamins), and I even put lemons slices in with the skin on!

When I make the kids a shake, I usually had much more fruit than greens and I intend to gradually convert them to more greens.

Here's the finished product and the happy, silly boy who just drank (or spilled) his entire shake!











2 comments:

  1. ya, kate! so glad you posted.
    you're totally converting me into buying one. esp. if it means i can get some greens down the boys' gullets!
    my magic bullet stinks and this might do the trick!
    an early christmas gift...? yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I need one of these!

    I always used to see the guys at COSTC doing samples of this stuff, but never knew if they really worked.

    Sounds like a great healthy combo...now I just need berries & spinach not to be expensive here & I'll be able to 'try-it!'

    ReplyDelete