Yippee! I love anything lemon...
He probably would have been fine with a boxed or store-bought, decoration-decked-out, crisco-frosting cake, but I wanted to enjoy it, too...;)
So I remembered making this lemon cake last year and loving it.
And it fit the bill again!
It's dense, moist, and the icing seeps into the cake making it even nummier the next day!
From "Keeping Up",
luscious lemonade layer cake
click for: printable version
1 1/3 cups sugar
6 tablespoons butter, softened
zest of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
2 egg whites
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
frosting:
2 tablespoons butter, softened
zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons thawed lemonade concentrate
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
mix together all ingredients except powdered sugar and blend well. gradually add powdered sugar and beat at low speed until blended. don't over-beat. frost cake.

way to go holding down the fort on TRY THIS! i promise, i'll start cooking+posting soon:)
ReplyDeleteafter seeing this picture i am craving this cake SO BADLY...after our depressing little left-over dinner of a frozen pizza tonight, i could really use a slice of this. instead, i will just eat my PB snickers that i stashed in my suitcase from the US!...this cake makes my mouth WATER!
I'm so sorry I missed this!!
ReplyDeleteyummy. . . lemonade cake.
ReplyDelete